Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Week 31

Well, leave is getting closer! The next time I post, Patrick will actually be state-side! My post is a day late this week because my mom and I trekked down to New Bern where all of mine and Patrick's belongings are in storage. We retrieved some civilian clothes for him to wear while he is home, and most importantly, his passport. We haven't booked the vacation yet (that will most likely happen tomorrow) but we have decided on a 5 day/4 night stay at an all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It's called the Dreams Resort and Spa. And it's gorgeous! We are so excited!!

Of course the week leading up to Pat's leave has been the craziest of all. He's been very busy, and had to spend a significant amount of time in a helicopter which I don't like very much. Yesterday I actually didn't hear from him all day, and I knew what kind of stuff was going on and what he was involved in, and of couse I panicked. Mom and I didn't sleep at the hotel in New Bern last night until we heard from him (around 2 am). But thankfully he is ok, and will be en route back to the good old U.S. of A. very, very soon!

That's all for now, I look forward to posting next week, I'm sure there will be about a million pictures to post! 31 down, 11 to go!

No comments: