Thursday, February 10, 2011

i've got some big news...

the bank finally came through...
and I'm holding the keys to...
a brand new Chevrolet!


I'd like to thank Mr. Brad Paisley for the use of his lyrics to announce the biggest of happenings at our house, a new car!  (In case you didn't know, those were lyrics to "Mud on the Tires").  Anywho, we have been searching and searching for the perfect Tahoe for a loooooooooooong time.  Like since before-we-were-married long time.  Finally, finally, finally, we found one!  We picked her up yesterday, and so far so good!  It has a ton of features we didn't even know about and I'm keeping myself busy by reading the owners manual today.

That of course means one other thing.  We ( I ) had to say goodbye to a dear old friend simultaneously.  That would be my cabrio.  I will forever miss my little car.  We had some good times together in those 66040 miles (exactly) that we shared.  She got me where I needed to go (most of the time), even for this one final voyage to Carmax in Fayetteville a quick and short 2 and a half hours away.


Thanks for the many years, cabby.  I hope whoever buys you at auction will love you just as much as I did!

No comments: