Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Sorry for not posting for a while, things have been quite crazy! I'll start from the beginning... My mom came to visit New Bern, and we drove down to Columbia, SC to visit my older sister and her family. On the day Patrick was supposed to come meet us he got word that he basically had to be on call (and ready to leave) for the next week. That was tough news to hear. But he still made it down to visit all the kids and we were all pleased with that.

We made it back to New Bern that Sunday, and were waiting to hear when it could possibly be. We soon got our answer, as he found out he would be leaving in just a few days. That week was spent finding a storage unit, and moving into it (Thanks Justin and Collins for all your help!), packing to leave, etc. Since it's our style to procrastinate, we finally got it all done with about an hour to spare. Patrick and I drove to Cherry Point around 8the night before he left, and he did all the things he needed to do (stand in formation, get the last of his shots) and they loaded the trucks and bused him off to meet the plane. I reluctantly left the base, and Patrick flew out about 5 hours later.

I was lucky to have my own things to pack at the apartment to keep me busy. My dad came to help me late Saturday night and we left New Bern Sunday afternoon. I have now returned to MD with Winston and Jack who will be with us throughout the deployment.

Good news came early Monday morning. Patrick called his family around 2 a.m., and got to talk with his mom, dad and sister. He filled them in on his travels and let them know he arrived in Kuwait safely. I got a call around 10:45 that same morning to hear the same thing. We didn't get to talk for long since he had yet another formation to go to. He spolied me and called again around 12:45 Monday afternoon and told me they got news that planes were ready and they would be flying out in a few hours. He said he would contact me however he could as soon as possible, but as of now, I haven't heard anything.

He didn't think they would have internet access or anything, so I'm not surprised I haven't heard from him yet. I will post any information I get from him here, and do my best to keep you filled in! Please keep him and the rest of the troops in your thoughts and prayers so that they may come home safely!

No comments: