Tuesday, June 19, 2012

dada

So for Patrick's first Father's Day I won no awards for greatness, or doing anything special for that matter.  I let him sleep in until about noon (which got me out of cooking breakfast).  I did offer to cook, or go out for Bojangles (his personal fave) but he opted for 2 mini bags of Cheetos.  After his tasty brunch, he opened his one little present - a mug with pictures of him with Gunnar and the dogs.

After all that excitement, we hit up Onslow Beach (on base) because it's supposed to be good shelling (aka lots of shark teeth - and big ones!).  We did come home with 16, no giants though.  And Pat was disappointed in their quality.  They were pretty old and worn down.  But it was fun, and we found out a lot about the base beach: that it's really nice, and not crowded and there are lots of pet friendly ocean front cabins to rent! 

After that, it was time for an incredibly classy impromptu lunch at Subway, then a trip to the grocery store.  The day ended when Pat cooked dinner, and then didn't even eat it because he wasn't feeling well. 

Pretty stellar day for him, huh?  I feel pretty bad that we didn't do anything spectacular... I'll have to figure out something to make it up to him.  Perhaps kayak rentals or a fishing trip? 








Honey, I hope you don't hold it against me that I didn't make your Father's Day as awesome as you made my Mother's Day.  But there will be many more to celebrate, and look at it this way - it can only get better!  I love you so much, and I'm so glad that our Gunny gets to call you "dada" (well he will... eventually).

No comments: