This weekend's project was to make Gunnar a play tent. We used the directions from this blog (I found it on Pinterest, of course). We had a few set backs (like buying a 20mm spade bit to drill a hole for our 20mm PVC pipe, only to find the pipe was actually 25mm), but all in all I think it turned out pretty well. And the boy loves it, and really that's all that matters.
Guns took this one :)
In other news, our HHG shipment apparently arrived in the country a little over a week ago. We are hoping it gets through customs quickly and painlessly (i.e. we won't have to pay to destroy or fumigate anything). Stay tuned for more on that. PS: I can't wait to finally have all of our stuff!
And I finished some more projects... finally getting around to getting some of our wonderful wedding photos on display, I am working on a gallery wall for our bedroom, and I am slowly collecting thrift shop frames and performing (navy blue) face lifts on them...
this post, it was orangey. Now it's a lemon yellow. And it's perfect.
And for the biggest project to date, our new entertainment center! We took an old, plain desk and hutch, removed the drawers and a shelf, and added some decorative moulding and some matte paint... and here you have it:
Can't wait to fill the shelf with Aussie goodies!