Those of you that speak "marine" will understand the meaning of the post title... and the rest of you can try and figure it out...
Anyways, I am giving myself a break from packing boxes. Yes, I only packed 3, but I also packed them alone because Patrick is still sleeping. I know, it's past noon. While I was packing I had a very strong deja-vu feeling. It's no wonder why... I've done this before! But how many times in the past decade to be exact? Well, let's find out...
- August 2004 - pack up and move from home in MD to UMW in VA
- April 2005 - move out of dorm at UMW and back home in MD
- August 2005 - pack up in MD and move into new dorm at UMW
- May 2006 - move out of dorms for good and into Wolfe St in VA!
- May 2008 - move out of Wolfe Street forever half of my stuff goes to my tiny studio apartment in VA
- May 2008 - and the other half (couches, tables, aka big furniture) goes to Pat's new apartment in Fred, VA.
- July 2008 - internship ends for me so I pack up the studio and head home to MD again
- August 2008 - pack up Pat's apartment and move it into storage in Fred because he's moving to VA Beach to live in a hotel
- November 2008 - move out of hotel in VA Beach, and storage unit in Fred VA, and head to NC for the first time
- January 2009 - move out of apartment in NC and into storage unit in NC because Pat is deploying
- November 2009 - Pat's home! move out of storage unit and into house in NC
- January 2010 - move my stuff down to NC
In case you lost track that's an even dozen moves I've done since I got out of highschool 6 years ago. And, 8 of those since I got out of college a measley 2 years ago. Insane isn't it?
Now we're onto move number 13... let's hope that we're at this one for at least a year. So far the longest Pat's been stationed anywhere is Iraq for 10 months. A close second being Cherry Point where we are now for 8 months. Rounding out third place is TBS where he was in school for 6 months. And the next move, I'm sooo letting the Marine Corps take care of, especially since we didn't have a choice but to do it ourselves this time...
Moving - 5 days and counting!