Sunday, July 11, 2010

oscar mike

Those of you that speak "marine" will understand the meaning of the post title... and the rest of you can try and figure it out...

Anyways, I am giving myself a break from packing boxes. Yes, I only packed 3, but I also packed them alone because Patrick is still sleeping. I know, it's past noon. While I was packing I had a very strong deja-vu feeling. It's no wonder why... I've done this before! But how many times in the past decade to be exact? Well, let's find out...

- August 2004 - pack up and move from home in MD to UMW in VA
- April 2005 - move out of dorm at UMW and back home in MD
- August 2005 - pack up in MD and move into new dorm at UMW
- May 2006 - move out of dorms for good and into Wolfe St in VA!
- May 2008 - move out of Wolfe Street forever half of my stuff goes to my tiny studio apartment in VA
- May 2008 - and the other half (couches, tables, aka big furniture) goes to Pat's new apartment in Fred, VA.
- July 2008 - internship ends for me so I pack up the studio and head home to MD again
- August 2008 - pack up Pat's apartment and move it into storage in Fred because he's moving to VA Beach to live in a hotel
- November 2008 - move out of hotel in VA Beach, and storage unit in Fred VA, and head to NC for the first time
- January 2009 - move out of apartment in NC and into storage unit in NC because Pat is deploying
- November 2009 - Pat's home! move out of storage unit and into house in NC
- January 2010 - move my stuff down to NC

In case you lost track that's an even dozen moves I've done since I got out of highschool 6 years ago. And, 8 of those since I got out of college a measley 2 years ago. Insane isn't it?

Now we're onto move number 13... let's hope that we're at this one for at least a year. So far the longest Pat's been stationed anywhere is Iraq for 10 months. A close second being Cherry Point where we are now for 8 months. Rounding out third place is TBS where he was in school for 6 months. And the next move, I'm sooo letting the Marine Corps take care of, especially since we didn't have a choice but to do it ourselves this time...

Moving - 5 days and counting!

1 comment:

kelly said...

I feel your pain! It is so funny how Mom and Pa have only moved 2 times in their 30+ years of marriage but their offspring (you & me) have moved sooooo many times! I am not going to count the number of times I moved before I was married (too many to remember at my age) but since I have been married we have moved 9 times and bought and sold 6 homes! Be thankful you don't have to deal with that yet!