Friday, January 14, 2011

undomestic goddess

It's official.  I win the "Least Domestic Wife" award.  Yesterday I was in charge of making chili in our new crock pot.  Patrick couldn't have made it easier.  He bought all the ingredients.  He set them all out on the counter.  All I had to do was brown the meat and chop up an onion and throw it all in the pot.  Well I did that.  I even checked on it all. day. long.

One weird thing... it wasn't getting hot.  Patrick called to let me know he was on his way home and I mentioned this to him.  He told me to turn it up from low to high.  As I did so, I noticed my fatal mistake.  I never plugged in the darn thing!

I was worried Patrick would be mad since he was SO looking forward to having chili for dinner.  So I waited until he got home, and when I realized that it would be several hours, even on high, for the chili to even get warm... I had to tell him.  He walked in the door, and I asked him how much he loved me.  And I couldn't keep a straight face.  I broke the news.  He looked at me like "are you serious?" which is probably because I was laughing so hard I started crying.  But alas, it was the truth.

Carly told me that it was the best newlywed story she's heard.  So I decided it had to be shared.  Anywho... it's been simmering all day today, so it WILL be enjoyed tonight!  Can't wait!

PS:  are you in love with our red kitchen accessories as much as I am?!

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

If it makes you feel any better, I've totally done that before!