Saturday, July 23, 2011

oh, hello there.

Hey, it's me!  I'm back in the land of the living.  I know, it's been a while.  But there's a good reason for that...

First things first, Patrick is gone on deployment.  It's been about 2 weeks now... And it's not really getting any easier as the days go by.  Hopefully that will come...

Here's us having our goodbyes...
& one last one with Jr.

After he left, I spent a few days in 'mourning'.  But then I had to get to work, finishing up moving out of the house and cleaning it.  Then the boys and I were on our way to my parents' house for the duration of the deployment.

Seating arrangements in our overly packed Tahoe
(note Jack is in the center console...)
Jack wanted to help unload when we got there...


Now that that's done... I will be keeping myself busy settling in to my new "apartment" and setting up the nursery.  And all other things that need to be done to get ready for a certain little guy's arrival in less then 8 weeks (seriously?  that soon?!).  We also find that we spend a lot of our time sitting by the phone waiting to hear from Dad.  We've gotten a few so far, but it still feels unreal.  Like a cruel deja-vu.

So, c'mon Sharkbait.  Hurry up and get here so I can be deliriously tired and forget which day it is.  My plan is to wake up one day and Patrick will just be home.  That would be nice, wouldn't it?

No comments: