Friday, July 20, 2012

double digits

I'm finally getting around to this post.  I probably procrastinated because I'm in denial...

Ten months.  One - zero.  My little man is so old!  And if it's possible, cuter than ever.  This month he started standing all by himself, all the time.  It's pretty crazy that the next step (ha) from here is walking.  I'm so not ready to be a parent of a walking child.  I have nightmares dreams about it that are so real I wake up fully expecting him to be running around the house in the morning. 

Another big accomplishment was he finally started saying "Dada" on a regular basis.  He threw it into some of his babbles here and there, but just the other day he started saying it in response to me asking him to say it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that he started saying "Mama" first.  And it's adorable the way he says "maaaa!" when he's crying.  But I was starting to feel bad for Patrick.  Every time he asked Guns to say "dada" he got "mama" or a head violently shaking no (and the occasional raspberry).  Plus, now he can cry out for "da" when he's sad and we can share the screaming baby. 

One of his new tricks I ask him to do in the video (but he doesn't come through)... he blows kisses now!  Most of the time when I ask, he'll start smacking his lips together.  So precious.  He's also really stepped up his game on the high-fives.  Instead of just placing his hand on mine he will legitimately smack his against mine.  And then laugh hysterically. 

Other than that, he's just the same utterly adorable, tornado of a little boy.  He destroys the house on a daily basis.  His favorite thing to do is rip all of our DVDs down from their shelves.  And to protest napping and bedtime he now chews on the crib rail.  There are teeth marks residing deep in the wood, and when I get him after he wakes his cheeks are covered in wood shavings.  Healthy, healthy, healthy!  We are currently waiting on a fabric rail cover to be delivered that will hopefully remedy the situation.
 He's into absolutely everything now... In his own room he has taken to ripping everything off of his book shelf. 
 All those toys and he plays with a metal cup and a plastic bag...


 Trouble with a capital T...

 And this is what 10 months looks like:








And in the middle of our 'shoot' he reached over and grabbed the bear Dada brought back from Afghanistan for him. 






Oh how I love this kid.  He lights up my life everyday.  Thanks for making me smile for the past 10 months, I look forward to many millions more.

No comments: