Sunday, November 9, 2014

a new little roo

We are delighted to announce that we are expecting a new little family member to join us sometime at the end of March.

I knew that considering our current location, we had to do something very Aussie to announce this little bub, so this is what we came up with:


And shortly thereafter we found out…


It's not hard to see a common theme in our announcements:  Gunnar.  I'm so worried my little mama's boy is going to feel left out, I'm trying to include him in as much as we can.  Plus, he's pretty photogenic, so it works out.  It's the dog situation of 2011 all over again!  If you recall, I was quite hesitant to leave Jack and Win when my water broke … it took me an hour to say goodbye!  And I'm sure if they were here down under with us, they would have a prominent spot in all announcements as well.  

I'm trying so hard to get Gunnar to think this is a good thing, that I've even been taking monthly belly photos that I'm willing to share with the world.  That's pretty big (the sentiment, and the belly).  It's working I think, because Gunnar already says he loves the baby, and gives him kisses, and has had input with names (so far he's come up with Baby Cow).

So, every month, Gunnar and Mommy decorate a sign and take our special picture.  They were originally going to be weekly, but then morning sickness really kicked in (which turned out to be hyperemesis gravidarum) and I couldn't manage to take any photos for a few months.  So I decided to scrap the weekly thing, and go for monthly.  

3 1/2 months | 14 weeks



4 months | 16 weeks
(also the day the Orioles played game 1 of the ALCS)



5 months | 20 weeks



Stay tuned for more on our little roo!

No comments: