Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 5

Nothing new and exciting to report from Iraq. Patrick had a little break from work where he thought things were starting to slow down and settle in. That didn't last long as he has become the "go to guy" in the office and they seem to give him lots to do! So he's pretty important, which I always knew, but it's nice that the Marines know it too.


Back home, I have signed Winston up for a basic doggy good manners course. Hopefully he will learn how to walk on leash properly (not drag me behind). And while I love the greeting he gives me when I come home (as if I had left him for years and he was terrified he'd never see me again) I am hoping they can teach him to bring it down a few notches. Classes start March 7th, so we'll see how that goes. If it goes well, I might be taking Jack to an agilities class in May where he can learn how to walk on balance beams, jump through hoops, weave through poles and all that other cool stuff they do on the Purina Dog Challenge!


Last night I went to the Wizards game in DC with Emily and Sarah. Em gets discounted tickets through IBM and we were able to get great seats for not so much money. Here's a pic I snapped with my phone from the game:


That's all for now. I guess I'm happy that Patrick is bored. If it was exciting, I'm not sure that would be a good thing! So we'll pray that things stay slow and dull over there for him! 47 weeks and counting...

No comments: