Wednesday, May 18, 2011

a rose by any other name

It would smell as sweet... right?  Well that might work for a rose, but not for a baby. 

Funny story, I was discussing names with my older sister, Kelly.  We were going over the pros and cons of telling people the name you chose before the baby was born.  A mother of 7 herself, she has always kept the names a secret.  She said that way no one can steal your name before you can use it, and people are much more likely to keep any negative opinions to themselves if the baby is already named instead of just waiting to be named. 

I think there is merit to that, and I'd like to give it a try.  Now, I only have to figure out how to keep my husband's big mouth shut.  That is when we finally decide on a name, which we haven't. 

If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, you might be recalling a certain post I made about Sharkbait's new name.  Well, Kelly and I thought it would be funny if we told people we picked a name, and told them an awful one.  I apologize in advance if anyone has a family member by this name... but we decided Wendell was pretty bad.  So we started telling people that was the name we decided on.

I must say all of my friends were kind enough to keep any opinions to themselves, and no one even tried to talk us out of it!  People in fact ignored it, and one even said it was cute!  Hysterical.  Thanks guys, but Sharkbait will NOT be responding to the name Wendell anytime soon.  Unless we are joking around of course.

No comments: