Wednesday, October 24, 2012

it's my party

It's been a month and a half, and I'm finally getting around to blogging about Gunnar's birthday party.  Shows you how busy my one year old keeps me.  As you know, we celebrated a week early because Dad had to leave for jump school.  We were very lucky to have Mimi, Bepa, Gaga, Poppy, Aunt Carly, Uncle Justin, and Gunnar's friends Jack, Levi and Wyatt (and of course their mommy and daddy too) in attendance.  It was a "little man" theme, and mustaches were everywhere.  Guns had a lot of fun, and is one lucky little boy! 

I am proud to say I made almost everything myself!  Check it out:

Invitations made on Word, printed on 5x7 cardstock:

I bought the template for these labels on Etsy, printed them on sticker paper (greatest invention ever), cut them out, and voila!

And, I bought these labels too, thanks again Etsy!

This banner is what I'm most proud of... die-cut letters purchased here, chevron templates purchased here, and I hand cut the mustaches and heart.  It all hung on baker's twine purchased here.

(I actually loved this banner so much, I am now making my own and selling them in my Etsy shop!  Yes... it still exists, ha!)

The cupcake decor, a combo of the chevron templates, and my own creation made on Word, and printed on that awesome sticker paper!

Sweet Treats... Manly Eats... Wet Your Whiskers... all made on Word.



Our party favors, "daper gingerbread men" complete with bowties, and mustaches.  Baked by Mimi and me, decorated and packaged by yours truly.  And our thank you sign, also made on Word.
Photobooth!  Sign from Word, and props (bowties, mustaches, and lips) hand cut by me from colored cardstock, and sticker paper (my new favorite crafting accessory, can't you tell).

Bowtie and Mustache cakes, baked and decorated by me!


Now for the good stuff... my mustached man, enjoying his party, and more importantly his cake!




We are so thankful to have this little big man in our lives.  Happy first birthday Gunnar... looking forward to many, many more to come.  And I apologize in advance when the rest aren't as well planned as this one.  At least you got one.  If you have any brothers or sisters, they most likely won't get any... it's all store bought stuff from here on out.  Love you!

No comments: