Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week 7

Well this week was pretty exciting on the home front... Patrick's sister Kendall had her baby! Litlle Mackenzie Margaret was born Friday night down in South Carolina. She is SO cute and I can't wait to get down to visit her! I was the lucky one to get to tell Patrick that he was going to be an uncle on Friday. He called me and I told him that Kendall had been in the hospital all morning, and so he called his mom for more info. He got to talk to Kendall on Saturday, which was exciting I'm sure. Patrick is sad that he wasn't here to be with everyone, and he said he wished it was closer to his birthday (the 19th!) but he's so happy to have an adorable little niece!

Patrick is doing well this week too. Things still seem pretty busy from what he tells me, busy but good. He said that the weather has been bad. It's been raining (I know, I'm surprised too) and sand storms. But other then that not too many complaints.

More news from home... Winston started doggie training Saturday! I was a little skeptical at first, but he is doing SO well! I'm shocked, I thought it was going to take forever to train him. We've been working on sit, lie down, and what the trainer calls a push-up (which is where he sits, lies down and pops back up to a sit). We're not allowed to use verbal cues this first week, so he's doing it all based on hand signals! The hardest part was the push-up but today's only the third day, and he's got it now. I'm very impressed. I'll work on getting a video of it. So next Saturday we'll go back and see what else we can learn! Hopefully at the end of the 8 weeks he'll be a perfect little (well not so little) dog!

45 weeks and counting....

No comments: