Saturday, June 11, 2011


Apparently it was a rough morning...

First, Patrick called on his way to work to say "Good luck on your test!" to which my immediate response was, "Do you have the wrong number?"

No he didn't.  I just completely forgot about my glucose tolerance test this morning.  Thank goodness he called or my doctor's office would be very mad at me.  I quickly got ready to make the half hour drive up there (I was late) and scrambled out the door throwing things I thought I would need into my purse. 

For those of you who haven't had a glucose test, you have to wait around for an hour after drinking this sugar concoction before they can prick your finger and test your blood glucose levels.  I wanted to be sure I was very prepared for this hour long wait.  So I checked in, sat down, and went to take out something to entertain myself.  This is what I saw:

Are you kidding?  My TV remote?  Did I think it would work on the TVs in the waiting room?  I know it's a universal remote, but... seriously, what is wrong with me?

Good news - I passed both tests (they also test for iron levels to see if I'm anemic).  But just barely.  My glucose reading was 138.  My doctor's office considers 140 failing.  Good thing, I have seen other offices that consider failing at 130.  I do NOT want to have to do the 3 hour test that comes with a failing score, especially since I think I am coming down from my sugar high and I feel awful. 

More recent Sharkbait related news... I had my first experience with the infamous swollen feet syndrome.  On our way back home from MD Tuesday night.  My wonderful husband drove the whole 7 hours, and I woke up when we got home and could not walk.  My feet swelled so far past normal, I no longer had ankle joints.  I'm not talking cankles, I mean I literally could not physically move my feet at the joint.  I had to crawl up the stairs and into bed.  Miserable. 

That's all for now, folks.  I'm off to take my daily nap (new necessary development since I hit the 26 week mark). 

No comments: