Tuesday, April 27, 2010

finally feeling productive!

I would have blogged this yesterday, but you'll see why I didn't in a minute...

This past weekend Patrick and I trekked up to Maryland to get wedding stuff done. And did we ever! We got into town Friday night around 8 and spent the evening with our respective families.

Saturday morning, Patrick and his mom went to a tailor so Pat could get his suit fixed up. His appointment was at 9:30 am, I can't believe he made it there! We then spent the morning helping my parents pack up my grandparents house which has recently sold. From there we went down to Annapolis to meet Pat's mom at Buddy's to discuss our menu for the rehearsal dinner with the managers. We got everything squared away and it's going to be awesome... everything you could ever want when dining in MD! We left Buddy's and only made it right downstairs where Patrick got sized for his wedding band, and we picked his and designed mine! We had to leave my engagement ring there so they could make a cast of it so my wedding band would fit perfectly around my diamond.

After that we had some time to kill before meeting my parents at Ruth's Chris for dinner, so we walked around Annapolis and we managed to knock out my rehearsal dinner outfit and I got a dress and jewelry to wear. It is SO cute and I can't wait to wear it all! Then we met my parents for dinner and caught up with some friends.

Sunday we slept in and eventually headed down to Annapolis to get my engagement ring back just before they closed. They had it all reshaped (I managed to squish it into an oval and we're not sure how yet...) and cleaned for me so it sparkled like crazy! Then we had to rent a trailer and pack it up with basically everything we had left in MD at both our houses. We got back on the road at 8 pm on the dot. Yep, that's right. Eight pm, as in at night.

We didn't get back to NC until 3 am Monday, and I had to be up for work just 2 hours later! Needless to say I spent Monday afternoon catching up on sleep instead of blogging... But I'm back now! Really productive weekend, huh? I'm proud of us (especially of Patrick since he was involved in all that productivity)! We also managed to get things in motion for fun favors for the rehearsal dinner, along with welcome baskets for our out of town guests.

Since I feel like I can't post without a picture (you need something to break up the monotony of my rambling)... I'm going to dedicate an entire post to pictures next! 95 days to go... AH!

No comments: