Tuesday, May 11, 2010

honeysuckle

I've recently discovered a patch of honeysuckle that must be growing behind our fence in the backyard because every time I go outside it smells wonderful! It's blooming all over our neighborhood as I found out when we took the pups on a quick run the other day. Pat and Winston sprinted along as Jack and I stopped every so often to smell the flowers... literally.

Ok... well Jack stopped to smell... something... more then every so often. And I yelled at him to keep going, but I did get to enjoy the honeysuckle as we ran by! I absolutely love honeysuckle. If I never smelled anything other then honeysuckle for the rest of my life I would be a very happy girl.Poor, poor Winnie though, the next day his little paws were raw and he kept limping and licking them. I took them home to MD to spend Mother's Day with my family and they were so bad at that point we had to bandage them....
And on the ride home he was trying to curl up without putting pressure on the bottom of his feets...Don't worry, I didn't forget about my snuggly boy Jacko...They both had a great time with all their 'cousins' and running around in the yard. And, napping, of course :)

No comments: