Friday, October 8, 2010

roses are red...

These flowers are blue! After being inspired by my bff Carly, and being obsessed with Emerson Made, I have actually made something pretty!

So far I only have grey organza and navy tulle, but hopefully soon I can get more fabric to make lots of different color flowers, and put them on things like necklaces and headbands!

I can't wait to add them to my Etsy shop!

PS: I actually used a needle and thread on these. I don't think I've done that since home ec. class in 7th grade. Family and friends can definitely attest to that. Especially last year when getting ready for the USMC birthday ball my dress ripped and I had no idea what to do. My first thought was "Where can I go buy another dress!?" Then, my wonderful husband (then fiance) then pulled out HIS sewing kit and stitched it right up! God bless the military for teaching him how to sew (and iron)!

1 comment:

Farah said...

beautiful, Kalyn! I'm excited to see your shop =)