Monday, August 22, 2011

hospital prep

Only about 3 more weeks to go before mister sharkie makes his appearance... crazy.  And let me tell you, they can't go by fast enough.  I cannot wait to have full use of my lung capacity, not wake up 5 times a night to pee, and I will thoroughly enjoy not having my esophagus on fire 24/7.  Oh yeah, and I can't wait to meet our little man.

In the meantime, I've had my hospital bag packed for about 2 weeks now.  It was pretty easy, thanks to my "hospital survival kit" that was a shower gift from my older sister (in case you didn't know - she's practically a professional at this whole having babies thing).  It included all kinds of travel sized toiletries, snacks, a notepad and pen, mints, a mini hairbrush and other fun things.


Yep, that went right into the hospital bag as is.  Along with some other essentials, it looks like dog toys also made the list:


It's obvious Jack thinks he's going to the hospital too.  He was sure to put one of his favorite toys (his old leopard slipper) right on top of the open bag.  I haven't had the heart to move it and have to break the news to him that the hospital most likely won't allow dogs in L&D.  Or anywhere else for that matter.

PS:  Don't you love the bag?  It's camo, and it's Pat's.  6 weeks and change down on the deployment!  Wish I knew how many more weeks were left...

No comments: