Friday, August 26, 2011

thank you

I would just like to say thank you to the overly cautious Dr. I saw today.  He was concerned that I was measuring small, so guess what... he ordered an ultrasound!  The only other ones I have had were at 8 weeks (tiny spec) and well you know how the 18 week one went...  Anyways, I was more excited then concerned.

I got to see little man, and I am finally reassured that he is in fact human.  Got lots of good profile shots, and this new Dr's office even gave me a sneak peek of the 3D view.  Although, honestly, I could've done without that.  It kinda creeps me out.  Regardless, it was fun watching him!  He kept opening his mouth and sticking his tongue out.  So funny!  We also definitely confirmed that he is in fact all boy.

Turns out little man is just perfect!  All his measurements were right on track with his due date of Sept. 13.  The tech also informed me that he is currently weighing in at 7 lbs (apparently only the 50th percentile - sounds more like 90th to me).  It makes me feel better about my weight gain (the more he weighs the less I have to lose later right?), but it makes me really nervous for him to go the full 40 weeks.  I am currently taking any and all advice on how to induce labor...  Let the spicy food eating and daily dog walking commence.  This kid needs to come early!  We both need to be done being huge.

For now I will leave you with this photo of Winston trying out the little guy's newest (adorable) hat:

See, Jack isn't the only one who gets to have all the fun!

No comments: