Friday, December 3, 2010

this is what i would call a valiant effort

So last year my mom gave me some fancy Williams-Sonoma cookie cutters. In an attempt to be domesticated and Christmasey all at once (I tried this yesterday with cleaning AND decorating, but he house ended up messier then when I started) I decided to make some cookies!Well the recipe called for a lot of waiting. Like make the dough, refrigerate it for 3 days, then let it stand for ten minutes then freeze it. Crazy. So me, being the impatient person that I am, decided that I would blow off the waiting and power on through.
Especially since my apron says "Grill Instructor" complete with the EGA and everything. Well I came to find out that the cooling part of the dough making process was to make the dough easier to work with. Hence, it took me 30 minutes to cut out 8 measly cookies.Then on top of that, I forgot to account for the non-stick pan I used and burnt the snowflakes. One was semi-edible and I ate that, but the one in the front is missing a nubbin and that's because I went against my better judgement and ate that piece. Ew. The ornament shaped ones came out much better after I turned down the oven temp.

The rest of the dough is resting peacefully in the fridge, until I feel like trying again tomorrow. Wish me luck! Merry times, right?!

No comments: