Thursday, November 24, 2011

giving thanks

First of all, I hope this finds you all happy, healthy and enjoying your holiday. I thought I would just take a moment to note just a few things I am thankful for this year.

Number 1 would be the wonderful wives of the 2D Radio Battalion.  I know I haven't seen much of any of you since the deployment started, but all the chats here and there, and even just your own updates on Facebook have helped me get through knowing I'm not alone.  So thank you ladies!

Number 2 would be my best friends in the whole world.  AKA my Wolfe Street Family.  I would not be who I am today without the influences (good and bad, ha) of you girls!  I love you all so much thank you all for being who you are, and always being there for me.
Number 3 would undoubtedly be my family.  They are truly unbelievable.  All the love and support I've gotten from them throughout my life is more than greatly appreciated.  I don't know what I'd do without you.  I love you all!
Number 4 goes to my dogs.  For so long it was just me and them.  Even when Patrick wasn't deployed, I could go entire days not talking to any humans.  Just them.  And they don't love me any less for having a baby.  And they still love to play with me.  They are the best.  If you are an avid reader of mine, you already know how much I adore them.  Thank you boys for your sloppy kisses!
And since I am equally thankful for both of these guys, number 5 is my husband and son.  I count my blessings everyday that this is my family.  I am the luckiest girl to have married my best friend, and my hero.  What better role model for our son who has so quickly completely stolen both of our hearts.  I can't say I don't remember life before him, because I do.  But I certainly don't want to go back there.  These 2 are my everything.  Thank you for being you Patrick and Gunnar. XO

thanks for all the laughs, my love
and thanks for being so sweet
and thanks for giving my this little guy
and sonny boy, thanks for that smile
Last but not least, I am thankful for the days passing quickly and that this deployment is more than half way over with.  I am thankful that Patrick has stayed busy (to help him pass the time) and most importantly safe.  I am thankful for each phone call, and every email.  Each one is one more closer to seeing him again.  Counting down the days...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  

No comments: