Friday, January 20, 2012

finally

Monday night, I was finally able to rest easy.  It was the first time in 191 days.  And the reason for that was because my husband was sleeping next to me.  He is finally home!  Our family is whole again.

Thank you to my sister, Kelly, for taking the amazing photos and making us this slideshow.

For the record:  Gunnar had been crying long before Patrick arrived, he was sleepy and hungry.  Plus there were families of 200 marines cheering and yelling.  Once it all settled down, so did he, and he was perfectly happy loving on his Dad.  And let me tell you, they are 2 peas in a pod.  Everytime Guns looks at Patrick he breaks out in a huge grin and laughs.  We're not talking baby giggles here... I mean full on, real person, can't-catch-your-breath laughing.  Love it!

Welcome home Husband, Dad, Hero.  We love you!

No comments: