Sunday, January 8, 2012

point two

I feel like I am running the emotional equivalent of the inaugural Baltimore marathon.  I have no idea what it is like to physically run a marathon... I have tried training for a half twice now.  The first time I had to bail out and lose my registration fee because I needed foot surgery.  The second time I was in the middle of training when I found out about my little Gunnar boy, so that ended that.  My older sister, however, is a marathon pro.  She's run at least 3 marathons, probably more, including the Boston marathon.

Also including the inaugural Baltimore marathon.  All I can remember her saying about it was that it was very difficult, and the last .2 miles of the 26.2 was straight up hill.  How mean is that?  They have since changed the course.  But I digress...

Emotionally I feel like I have already run 26 miles, and the finish line is in sight, but it seems like it will never get here.  I'm exhausted, I want it to be over, I want to collapse at the end (into my husband's arms).  Even though, as of today, it's been 6 long months, it seems like these last few days are the hardest yet.

Coincidentally enough, I just counted out the days, and it has been exactly 26 weeks and 2 days.  Are you kidding?  I think that's what they call a sign (of what exactly, I'm not sure).  Here I am posting about 26.2 miles and it's been 26.2 weeks.  Crazy!

I have no idea what I'm even talking about anymore so I will end with the lyrical genius of Dierks Bentley.  This song always gets me sobbing...

"It's been a long, hard ride, got a ways to go..."

Oh, and here's a picture of my baby man, just for fun.
Isn't he the cutest?!  Love, love, love.

No comments: