Thursday, March 6, 2014

first day of school


On Jan 6, 2014 my little baby started pre school.  There were a few tears (still are some days) but he seriously loves it, and doesn't want to go home when I come to pick him up.  It's been good for him to be around kids, and people other than me in general.  Apparently on the first day he made friends with a girl named Sophie, and the two were inseparable.  In the last 2 months he has come home with several masterpieces that are adorning our refrigerator, and he has learned his ABC's.  He's really good with "ABC" then the middle has a lot of grunting noises, and he picks back up with "QRS TUV double S Y and Z… Now I uh uh ABCs next time uh uh sing ah me".  Quite impressive considering I couldn't get the kid to say any of it on my own.  He also counts to twenty.  Granted each time he skips a different group of numbers, but I'm pretty sure he's capable of it.  He's gotten MUCH better with colors.  Before school, everything was "geen" and now I'm fairly certain he knows at the very least green AND blue, sometimes yellow, red, purple, orange, pink, and black.  Well, at least he knows that they are colors.  It's a work in progress.  But, anyways, here he is on his very first day…













No comments: